- Toshima City Tokiwaso Manga Museum
Toshima City Tokiwaso Manga Museum
Holy ground in the manga realm,
Tokiwaso is a legendary apartment building where great modern mange artists including Tezuka Osamu lived together and spent their youth there. Now It was rebuilt as a manga museum.
The 1st floor offers enjoyment of manga from various perspective.
The 2nd floor offers a realistic experience of the Tokiwaso wooden apartment building.
It was opened in July 2020, as the initiator of manga and anime culture to transmit the culture to the next generation.
- 3-9-22 Minami-Nagasaki, Toshima-ku,Tokyo
- Web Site
- Walk for 5 minutes from the Toei Oedo Line at Ochiai-Minami-Nagasaki Station(A2 exit)
Walk for 10 minutes from the Seibu Ikebukuro Line at Higashi-Nagasaki Station
Walk for 15 minutes from the Seibu Ikebukuro Line at Shiinamachi Station
- Open Hours
- From 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
(Last admission at 5:30 p.m.)
- Day Off
- Mondays (the next day if a national holiday falls on),New Year's holiday, exhibit change period
(Some planned exhibitions may have entrance fees)
- Credit cards
- Special Notes
- In Tokiwaso Street Oyasumidokoro, the reproduced room of Terada Hiroo is displayed and related merchandise is on sale. In Tokiwaso Manga Station you can freely read around 6000 books about Tokiwaso.
Search by category
Search by area
Search by keyword